Wednesday, May 6, 2009

As Mothers Day approaches..

I have been in an emotional state of mind since my mother passed away,
Feb 13th, 2009. I went to a memorial service at the nursing home that she spent her few years being sick. It was very emotional for me and I couldn't stop crying. Entering that building again and knowing that I'm not going to the second floor to see her, was overwhelming for me. Writing about it is helping me. It is truly a journey what one goes through when losing their mother. Very emotional and having your heart feel heavy and no one showing they care. They ignore you probably because they just donot know what to say. For those that are not sure what to say, the best thing to do is just be there to just listen and be there for them. Let them do the talking. When we vent, we allow our emotions to come out,which is a good thing instead of having it suppressed which can turn into depression. Donot say things like,"it will stop hurting in time". Speak in the present. They are going through this Now. They have every right to feel the way they do, it was their mother. Know when to seek intervention if you notice the person is depressed. Take them to the doctor for some preventative help,if it gets worse. You can also seek help from your clergy or a hospice clergy is a great counselor. They are experienced with dealing with death.The person that is grieving will not say when they need someone to console them, you have to be observant.Instead of ignoring them,be there for them in their time of need.
http://www.dabar.org/Cottrell/HISWAY/ch13.htm

Today I woke up Thankful. I shared some feelings on "I'm Sorry" and I shared some feelings on "A Mother", on here. Now I will share my "Thank You".

Thank you mommy for taking care of me when I was sick.

Thank you mommy for making sure I eat.

Thank you mommy for putting a roof over my head.

Thank you mommy for teaching me how to cook.

Thank you mommy for making my clothes.

Thank you mommy for teaching me how to use my talents.

Thank you mommy for teaching me tough love.

Thank you mommy for teaching me how to defend myself.

Thank you mommy for protecting me.

Thank you mommy for raising me.

Thank you mommy for the years.

Thank you mommy for being my mommy.


Most importantly,I Thank you God for giving me such a Beautiful Mother I had the priviledge to have her for 38 1/2 years. I understand you had to take her back.
Help me when I feel Lost.

**Happy Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment