Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fever..



If you notice a sudden fever, please do not just put it off as a cold and leave untreated.Also make sure you keep doctor appts and dentist appts. Gum disease can cause heart problems and other health problems. They may not want to go,but you have to take them, for there own good. Your loved one may not be able to communicate with you properly about what exactly is bothering them. It can be many things including a U.T.I. if left untreated can cause big problems. I remember I went to go see my mom at the nursing home and something told me,that she is not feeling well.I called the nurse and asked the nurse how she is doing and she said she was good. I told the nurse,just take her temp please. I was right, there was something wrong.
My mother had a U.T.I. It was 3 years ago and she was hospitalized for 2 weeks.She also developed pulmonary problems at the sametime. I just had my second neck surgery and I stayed with her in the hospital. Nothing,not even sickness kept me away from being with my mom. I'm glad I went that day to see her.I was in a neck brace and in alot of pain but I was drawn to my mom that particular day.
When she was released,she lost the ability to walk.The dementia was getting worse.

*If your love ones "balance" is starting to be a problem, they need 24 hour supervision.

No comments:

Post a Comment